Roghan Road upgrade project
Brisbane City Council has completed works to upgrade a section of Roghan Road between Odense Street and the Cabbage Tree Creek bikeway.
This project was fully funded by the Australian Government through the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program.
|Address||Roghan Road (between Odense Street and Cabbage Tree Creek Bikeway), Fitzgibbon|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety and provided clearer road delineation for motorists, and improved connectivity for cyclists and pedestrians.|
About the project
The Roghan Road upgrade project included:
- formalising the road edge with new kerb on the northern side of Roghan Road, between Odense Street and the eastern end of Hidden World Playground park
- formalising 27 on-street parking spaces on the northern side of Roghan Road
- 300 metres of new 1.5-metre-wide footpath on the northern side of Roghan Road, between Odense Street and Sprinbok Street
- new right-turn pocket from Roghan Road into Caribou Crescent
- new and modified pedestrian crossing islands between Desert Willow Way and Caribou Crescent
- new on-road bike lanes on both sides of Roghan Road, extending from Odense Street to the Cabbage Tree Creek Bikeway.
We have also planted 16 trees as part of the project, along the southern side of Roghan Road, between Caribou Crescent and Kondalilla Place, Fitzgibbon.
View the project plan in your preferred format:
- Project plan – Roghan Road upgrade project – July 2021 (PDF - 1.89Mb)
- Project plan – Roghan Road upgrade project – July 2021 (Word - 1.16Mb)
Now complete, this important project provides clearer road delineation for motorists and improves safety for all road users, while also improving connectivity for cyclists and pedestrians accessing the local area and the local cycling network.
The Roghan Road upgrade project:
- improves safety and connectivity for all road users, with dedicated turn pockets, an extension of the on-road bike lanes and new pedestrian crossing islands
- enhances accessibility for visitors to Hidden World Park with formal on-street parking
- provides safe and continuous cycle and pedestrian facilities, enhancing connectivity for active travellers on Roghan Road.
Works started in August and were completed early November 2021.
For more information
If you would like to ask questions or find out more about the Roghan Road upgrade project, you can:
- call the project team on 1800 884 681 (business hours)
- call Council on 3403 8888 (24 hours)
- email the project team
- write to
Roghan Road widening and bike lane extension project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.