Rosemary Street and Biota Street black spot program – Inala
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Rosemary Street and Biota Street intersection in Inala, as part of the Australian Government Black Spot Program, is now complete.
|Address||Rosemary Street and Biota Street, Inala|
|Ward||Forest Lake Ward|
Improved safety for all road users
Download the project newsletter and project plan:
About the project
The Australian Government’s Black Spot Program is part of the National Road Safety Strategy, which aims to improve road safety by implementing upgrade measures at each black spot location to reduce the risk of crashes.
The Rosemary Street and Biota Street intersection experienced nine accidents between 2015 and 2021, all resulting in hospitalisation, medical treatment or injury. Seven of the nine crashes involved motorists turning right into or out of Biota Street and colliding with vehicles northbound on Rosemary Street.
This upgrade has improved safety conditions at the intersection for all road users by extending the right-turn pocket on Rosemary Street and introducing a dedicated right-turn signal for motorists turning from Rosemary Street into Biota Street.
This project was fully funded by the Australian Government through the 2022 – 2023 Black Spot Program.
- Enhanced safety for all road users by upgrading signals at the intersection to provide a fully controlled right turn from Rosemary Street into Biota Street.
The project involved:
- extending the right-turn pocket on Rosemary Street
- installing an additional mast arm to improve signal visibility
- upgrading signals at the intersection to provide a fully controlled right-turn from Rosemary Street into Biota Street
- trimming trees
- completing new road resurfacing, landscaping and line marking.
- July 2022 – Project introduction
- September 2022 – Start of construction
- October 2022 – End of construction
If you would like to find out more about the Rosemary Street and Biota Street black spot project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email email@example.com
- write to:
- Rosemary Street and Biota Street black spot project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.