Online resources for business
The following government websites, government funded initiatives and other online resources provide useful information for business and industry.
Starting, growing and running your business
- Australian Government business portal
This whole-of-government website provides essential information on planning, starting and growing your business. Access templates, tools and resources, and information on events, grants and assistance programs.
- Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS)
- ABLIS helps you find government licences, permits, approvals, registrations, codes of practice, standards and guidelines you need to know about to meet your compliance responsibilities.
- Australian Tax Office
Information about tax issues, tax basics for small business, superannuation, record keeping and your obligations as a business.
- Brisbane Economic Development Agency
Information and resources to establish and grow your business in Brisbane.
- Business recycling support
Council's Business Recycling program can assist your business to find responsible and cost effective waste management solutions that could save your business time and money, while reducing waste to landfill.
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
Queensland's peak business body, offering advocacy, services, assistance and events.
Council’s sustainability agency works with business, industry, government and the community to transform the challenge of sustainability into new business opportunities for Brisbane.
- Queensland Government business portal
Queensland Government provides useful information for starting, growing and running a business.
Provides information for small businesses and consumers about how to recognise, avoid and report scams. Scamwatch is run by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- Small Business Solutions (TAFE Queensland)
TAFE Queensland provides practical training solutions for businesses.
- Volunteering Queensland – Business Round Table EXTEND
This program is helping businesses be better prepared and better connected in order to be more resilient in the face of disaster.
Data to support your business (Census, statistics and community profiles)
- Brisbane Community Profiles
Provide detailed statistical information for Brisbane on the people who live in an area, the workers and businesses. Profiles are generated automatically using the latest demographic, social and economic data available.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
Provides information to help small business with market research, profiling customers and planning a business case.
E-commerce and digital marketing
- Digital Brisbane
Delivered by Brisbane Marketing, this website offers up-to-date information on how to incorporate digital technology across all facets of business. The website is one of many Digital Brisbane initiatives paving the way for Brisbane to be a more connected and accessible city, and a competitive player in the global digital economy.
- Australian Small Business Advisory Services Digital Solutions
Australian Government funded initiative offering help to small businesses.
For further assistance phone Council’s Business Hotline 133 BNE (133 263) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.