Scooter track initiative
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the completion of the new scooter tracks for Shaftesbury Street Park in Tarragindi, Kathleen Street Park in Richlands, Paul Conti Park in Hemmant and Wittonga Park in The Gap.
This initiative is part of Council’s commitment to enhancing and maintaining more than 2100 parks across the city.
|Address||Paul Conti Park, Hemmant; Shaftesbury Street Park, Tarragindi; Kathleen Street Park, Richlands; Wittonga Park, The Gap|
|Ward||Holland Park (Shaftesbury Street Park); Forest Lake (Kathleen Street Park); Doboy (Paul Conti Park); The Gap (Wittonga Park)|
|Project outcomes||Deliver four new scooter tracks for Brisbane|
|Latest updates||End of construction|
About the project
Brisbane City Council is creating more to see and do in a city that is clean and green, so you can enjoy Brisbane’s beautiful climate while connecting with the people and places that make our city great.
Based on the award-winning scooter track in Kedron’s Bradbury Park, Council built new scooter tracks in Paul Conti Park, Shaftesbury Street Park, Kathleen Street Park and Wittonga Park to create more recreational opportunities for the community.
As Richlands, Hemmant, The Gap and surrounding areas continue to grow, it is important to ensure that our parks continue to meet the recreational needs of residents and visitors, and Council is looking to enhance and diversify the recreational opportunities in these popular green spaces to ensure they cater to a broad spectrum of the community.
Paul Conti Park, Shaftesbury Street Park, Kathleen Street Park and Wittonga Park each currently serve as a hub of active opportunities for groups and individuals within the community, and Council will continue to support these groups and facilities so they can maintain an active presence in the park.
|Paul Conti Park||End of construction September 2022|
|Shaftesbury Street Park||End of construction July 2022|
|Kathleen Street Park||End of construction September 2022|
|Wittonga Park||End of construction September 2022|
Paul Conti Park works feature:
- a scooter track with supporting riding and character features
- a shaded island themed playground with a beach hut, double swing, mini theatre, slide and fishing rod
- a dry creek bed with nature play elements, a scooter ferry, bridge and animal sculptures
- a new picnic shelter and seating.
Shaftesbury Street Park works feature:
- picnic shelter
- a scooter track with moguls, a tunnel and texture panels
Kathleen Street works feature:
- a scooter track with tunnel, moguls, texture panels
- a seating log with information about native bees that visit the area.
Wittonga Park works feature:
- a scooter track with moguls, texture panels, and a tunnel with butterflies decorated by local students.
If you would like to find out more about the initiative, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888.