Eildon Hill Reservoir stage two grant works project - Windsor
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the second stage of works to upgrade Eildon Hill Reservoir, to improve views of Brisbane City, upgrade amenities, and deliver improved safety features are now complete.
|Address||109 Hawdon Street, Windsor|
|Project outcomes||Upgrade Eildon Hill Reservoir to improve recreation opportunities for the community|
|Latest update||Second stage of works completed September 2021|
About the project
Council is creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane, with more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
Eildon Hill Reservoir sits at the summit of Eildon Hill and has extensive views of Brisbane and surrounding areas, including the Border Ranges, Cunninghams Gap, Taylor and D'Aguilar Range, and Moreton Bay.
The Eildon Hill stage two grant works project was a joint initiative of Brisbane City Council and the Queensland Government. These works have now completed the planned upgrades to Eildon Hill Reservoir.
These project works included:
- the installation of a new walking trail and related signage
- drainage works to facilitate the new walking trail
- building a new rest area with a view over Moreton Bay
- repairs to the stairs off Constitution Road to improve safety for users
- resurfacing the existing roadway to ensure ongoing pedestrian safety
- installing a new shelter and seating.
Following consultation with the community and key stakeholders, including Urban Utilities, the public access road to Eildon Hill remains closed to public vehicles. This was a collaborative decision with Urban Utilities to ensure the community can continue to enjoy the site while also ensuring the safety and security of this essential water storage facility.
Council thanks the community for their patience and understanding while the second stage of works was carried out.
If you would like to find out more about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Eildon Hill Reservoir project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.