Privacy, copyright, disclaimer
Brisbane City Council's privacy, copyright and disclaimer statements are designed to protect your rights and govern the use of information on this website.
Council will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals as required by the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Principles contained in that Act.
Collecting your personal information
When collecting your personal information, Council will:
- tell you for what purpose we will be collecting the information
- tell you what information is necessary to access Council's products and services, including payments and transactions
- tell you when the information needs to be passed on to Council’s contractors and agents who carry out activities on Council’s behalf
- not ask for or collect any sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to meet legal, public interest or statistical requirements
- not pass the information on to other entities without your consent unless it is required by law or for public interest
Using your personal information
When you provide Council with your personal information, Council will:
- use the information to help you use Council services
- gather the data for analysis
- remove personally identifiable characteristics, unless you have given us specific consent to recognise your usage on an individual basis
Disclosing your personal information
Council will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless one of the following reasons applies:
- you have given us your consent to do so
- Council is required by law or authorised to do so under a law
- there are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health
- that person or organisation is providing a service to Council and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles
- Council is of the opinion that it is unable to assist with your request and that another government agency or authority is more capable of assisting, or has the appropriate jurisdiction to assist with your request
Single sign-on to online services account
Users are reminded to implement good password practices to maintain the security of Council's online services account. Brisbane City Council is not responsible for breaches of your online services account that are caused, or contributed to, by compromises to your Google or Facebook account.
Security of your personal information
When handling your personal information, Council will:
- take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is securely stored
- monitor transmissions sent to or from Council for quality control and systems administration
- strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access
- operate secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of your credit card information
Accessing, correcting or updating your information
You can access the personal information that you give us in accordance with our obligations under the Right to Information/Information Privacy Act 2009.
Council will also take all reasonable steps to correct and update your personal information or remove it if it is no longer needed.
You can download the Information Privacy Information Amendment Application on the Queensland Government's Right to Information website.
Contacting Council for privacy matters
If you think Council has breached your privacy and confidentiality, you may lodge a complaint with Council’s Information and Privacy Officer. Council will take your complaint seriously, investigate thoroughly and provide you with a response. If you are not satisfied with Council’s response, you may make a complaint to the Queensland Privacy Commissioner.
This data is used by Brisbane City Council to analyse how visitors use the website in order to improve your user experience.
You can choose not to allow Google to collect your information by opting out of Google Analytics or specifically opt out of Google Analytics Display Advertiser Features.
Alternatively, if you want to block cookies for all websites, you can change the privacy settings of your web browser (not recommended).
Brisbane City Council supports and encourages the reuse of its information (including data), and endorses the use of the Australian Government's Open Access and Licensing Framework.
Council material on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. However, this does not extend to Council insignia, branding, trademarks, and where otherwise indicated.
Please give attribution to: © Brisbane City Council 2016.
As part of attribution, we also ask that you observe and retain any copyright or related notices that may accompany this material.
Council has taken steps to identify third-party material and secure permission for its reproduction and reuse. If you believe content has been made available without permission, please contact us.
|Trademarks, insignia, coats of arms, logos, branding||Not to be reproduced without the copyright owner's permission|
|Images, reports or other documents where it is noted that all rights are reserved||Not to be reproduced without the copyright owner's permission|
|Stock images||Not to be reproduced without the copyright owner's permission|
|Images and text in Council's libraries catalogue||Not to be reproduced without the copyright owner's permission|
|All images relating to exhibitions hosted by Council's art galleries and museums||Not to be reproduced without the copyright owner's permission|
Please note that websites linked to from Council's website are provided for convenience and are not necessarily endorsed by Council.
Council distributes the information on this website as a general reference source.
This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than Council. The other websites are outside of Council's control and links are provided for your convenience.
Despite our best efforts, Council makes no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
Council disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete.
Except as required at law, Brisbane City Council does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
While care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this communication, Brisbane City Council, its Councillors, officers, employees, consultants and agents accept no responsibility for any errors or for any consequence of its use. Any action taken, or omission made by a user or other person in reliance of this information is taken or made at the sole risk and expense of that person. No person should rely on the contents of this communication for the purpose of ascertaining the legal rights or obligations of any person or for any other purpose without first obtaining legal or other relevant professional advice.
The translation tool made available on the Brisbane City Council website is provided by Google Translate, which is an externally provided online tool.
Council does not guarantee, and makes no representations, warranties or guarantees in relation to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any material on Council’s website which has been translated by Google Translate.
Council disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for any damage, losses, expenses and costs incurred as a result of mistranslated material using Google Translate.
Find out more about Google Translate.