Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan
On Tuesday 28 May 2019, Brisbane City Council adopted an amendment to Brisbane City Plan 2014 to include the Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan. The amendment will be in effect from Friday 26 July 2019.
The plan includes parts of Coorparoo, Greenslopes, Camp Hill, Holland Park and Holland Park West.
Highlights of the plan include:
- achieving a balance between growth and maintenance of character and low-density residential development
- rezoning more areas to the character residential zone to protect streetscapes and housing
- rezoning 5.8 hectares of Stephens Mountain to the conservation zone
- focusing change in centres along:
- Logan Road corridor
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- area around Greenslopes busway station
- new commercial and retail space
- protecting 13 additional pre-1911 buildings from demolition and adding 10 places to Council’s heritage register
- ensuring new development is sympathetic to adjoining heritage places and does not detract from the streetscape
- confirming future development potential at the existing Energex depot and former Ekibin extractive quarry site
- requiring new developments in Logan Road centres to incorporate a landscaped setback.
You can download the:
- Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan (PDF – 9Mb)
- Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan (Word – 2.9Mb)
- Coorparoo and Districts Draft Neighbourhood Plan report on submissions (Word – 1.5Mb)
- Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan mapping supplement 1 (PDF - 132Mb).
Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan area
View the Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan study area as a larger map.
You can also download the Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan study area (PDF - 7Mb).
The below table lists how Council has engaged the community so far, and key project milestones.
Brisbane's Future Blueprint
After input from more than 100,000 residents, Council released Brisbane's Future Blueprint in June 2018. It has eight principles to guide decisions for Brisbane. One of these principles is creating a city of neighbourhoods - residents are close to the services they need and the lifestyle and leisure options they want.
Council creates plans like the Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan to help make this long-term vision a reality.
Register for updates
You can register to receive regular email updates about:
To receive information about Council's projects and programs, including invitations to have your say, sign up to Council's Your City Your Say.
For more information about the Coorparoo and Districts Neighbourhood Plan, you can: