City Plan amendments: In progress
To ensure it stays up to date and effective, Brisbane City Council regularly updates Brisbane City Plan 2014 with new or amended information.
Updates may include:
- amendments to comply with changes in Queensland Government legislation
- changes as a result of community or industry feedback from development assessment processes
- new or updated neighbourhood plans developed in partnership with local communities
- other new information.
From the commencement of the Planning Act 2016 on 3 July 2017, amendments will be made in accordance with the Queensland Government's Minister's Guidelines and Rules. From time to time Council also develops Temporary Local Planning Instruments.
View a list of amendments currently in progress below, or learn more about Council's finalised amendments.
Citywide amendments in progress
- Citywide update - Biodiversity
- Citywide update - Major amendment package E
- Citywide update - Heritage places and city views (Major amendment package F)
- Citywide update – Major amendment package C
- Citywide update – Restricting townhouses from single-home areas (Major amendment package H)
- Citywide update – Increased car parking for suburban multiple dwellings (Amendment package J)
Local amendments or projects in progress
- Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan
- Eight Mile Plains Gateway Neighbourhood Plan
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula Neighbourhood Plan
- Sandgate District Neighbourhood Plan
To satisfy legal requirements, there is a correct way to make a submission on a proposed City Plan amendment package for it to be considered by Council.
Download the factsheets for detailed information about preparing a submission:
- Have your say on city planning factsheet (PDF - 1.9Mb)
- Have your say on city planning factsheet (Word - 119.5kb).
Register for updates
To stay informed about City Plan and receive regular email updates, including on proposed amendments, you can register your interest.
To learn more about City Plan amendments, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888.