Citywide amendment - Camp Hill zoning, heritage and character amendment - Major amendment package I
Brisbane is a great place to live, work and relax. To ensure our friendly and liveable city continues to thrive and Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan) remains effective and up-to-date, Brisbane City Council has adopted changes to some of its citywide provisions with Major amendment package I.
Through amendments to City Plan, Council ensures planning decisions continue to reflect principles developed with community input, including protecting our city’s heritage and unique character.
The amendment included changes across a range of citywide provisions, to:
- amend zoning to reflect the results of the Camp Hill zone survey and the subsequent zoning investigation conducted in 2019
- protect Brisbane’s character, by ensuring City Plan’s Traditional building character overlay is up-to-date and also reflects the zone changes in Camp Hill
- maintain and enhance Brisbane’s heritage by including new local heritage places and areas adjoining heritage properties as well as updating existing local heritage places on City Plan’s Heritage overlay
- protect more of Brisbane’s buildings constructed prior to 1911 by adding new sites to City Plan’s Pre-1911 building overlay.
The amendment package followed the ‘major amendment’ process as outlined in the Queensland Government’s Minister’s Guidelines and Rules.
Council endorsed the amendment with changes following a review of submissions and referred the amendment to the Queensland Government for consideration to adopt. Council adopted the amendment on 3 August 2021, and the amendment became effective on 3 September 2021.
The amendment package was open for public consultation from 24 August to 20 September 2020.
Following careful consideration of submissions received during the public consultation period, Council endorsed the proposed amendment with changes on 2 March 2021. A summary of the matters raised in submissions and a response for how these have been considered has been included in the consultation report.
Download the consultation report:
- Proposed citywide amendment - Camp Hill zoning, heritage and character amendment - Major amendment package I - Consultation report (Word - 242kb)
Public consultation documents
You can download a copy of the public notice about this proposed amendment:
View the list of amendments:
View the amendment documents:
The amendment included changes to the following maps:
- Camp Hill zoning: map tile 29
- Heritage overlay: map tile 20, 21, 28, 29
- Pre-1911 building overlay: map tile 20, 28
- Traditional building character overlay: map tile 29
To view the PDFs from public consultation, you can choose a tile on the map below.
The PDF documents included in the below map are of a technical nature and as such are not accessible to website assistive technologies. For assistance accessing and interpreting these maps, contact Council on 3403 8888.
|27 August 2019||Council proposed to amend City Plan|
Queensland Government review
|24 August-20 September 2020||Public consultation including an opportunity to have your say on the proposed changes|
|18 March to 20 May 2021||
Final Queensland Government review
|3 September 2021||Amendment commenced in Brisbane City Plan 2014|
Other City Plan amendments
You can also view details of other proposed amendments to City Plan.
Register for updates
To stay informed about City Plan, including proposed amendments and to receive other Council planning and development updates, you can register for email updates.
For more information about the proposed major amendment to City Plan, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Planning & Economic Development
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001.