Proposed citywide amendment - Major amendment package C
Brisbane is a great place to live, work and relax. To ensure our friendly and liveable city continues to thrive and Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan) remains effective and up-to-date, Brisbane City Council is proposing changes to some of its citywide provisions with Major amendment package C.
Through amendments to City Plan, Council ensures planning decisions continue to reflect principles developed with community input, including protecting our city’s backyards and unique character.
The proposed amendments include changes across a range of citywide provisions, including:
- service station and industrial development
- air quality modelling, air quality (planning) criteria and odour criteria
- industry thresholds
- streetscape hierarchy
- heritage and character
- mapping - including overlays.
The proposed amendment package was publicly notified for submissions from 29 July to 9 September 2019. Council is currently reviewing the submissions received. Once completed, Council will write to everyone who has made a properly made submission and publish a copy of the submissions report online.
For an overview of the proposed amendments, you can download the:
You can also download a copy of the public notice:
This proposed amendment package is following the 'major amendment' process as outlined in the Queensland Government’s guideline, Making and amending local planning instruments.
View the list of proposed amendments:
View the proposed amendment documents:
Part 3 - Strategic framework
- Theme 2 - Brisbane’s outstanding lifestyle (Word - 83kb)
- Theme 5 - Brisbane's CityShape (Word - 522kb)
Part 5 - Tables of assessment
Part 6 - Zones
- Principal centre zone code (Word - 58kb)
- Major centre zone code (Word - 52kb)
- District centre zone code (Word - 52kb)
- Neighbourhood centre zone code (Word - 51kb)
Part 7 - Neighbourhood plans
- Fortitude Valley neighbourhood plan code (Word - 2.0Mb)
- Milton Station neighbourhood plan code (Word - 796kb)
Part 8 - Overlays
- Bushfire overlay code (Word - 1.1Mb)
- Commercial character building (activities) overlay code (Word - 65kb)
- Commercial character building (demolition) overlay code (Word - 49kb)
- Extractive resources overlay code (Word - 59kb)
- Industrial amenity overlay code (Word - 120kb)
- Road hierarchy overlay code (Word - 59kb)
- Streetscape hierarchy overlay code (Word - 56kb)
- Transport air quality corridor overlay code (Word - 189kb)
Part 9 - Development codes
- Caretaker’s accommodation code (Word - 67kb)
- Centre or mixed use code (Word - 1.6Mb)
- Community facilities code (Word - 91kb)
- Extractive industry code (Word - 74kb)
- Industry code (Word - 398kb)
- Multiple dwelling code (Word – 2.3Mb)
- Service station code (Word - 69kb)
- Special purpose code (Word - 152kb)
- Specialised centre code (Word - 170kb)
Schedule 1 - Definitions
Schedule 6 - Planning scheme policies
- Air quality planning scheme policy (Word - 116kb)
- Bushfire planning scheme policy (Word - 364kb)
- Infrastructure design planning scheme policy - Chapter 2 (Word - 126kb)
- Infrastructure design planning scheme policy - Chapter 3 (Word - 3.1Mb)
- Storage and dispensing of petroleum products planning scheme policy (Word - 219kb)
- Transport, access, parking and servicing planning scheme policy (Word - 813kb)
The proposed amendments include changes to the following overlay maps:
- Citywide amendments – Heritage overlay maps
- Citywide amendments – Streetscape hierarchy overlay maps.
To view the PDFs, you can choose a tile on the map below.
The PDF documents included in the below map are of a technical nature and as such are not accessible to website assistive technologies. For assistance accessing or interpreting any of these maps, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.
|30 August 2016||Council proposed to amend City Plan|
|September 2016-February 2017||
Drafting of the amendment package
|March 2017-January 2019||Queensland Government review|
|29 July-9 September 2019||
Public consultation including an opportunity to have your say on the draft amendment package
|Late 2019-early 2020||Final Queensland Government review|
|Mid 2020||Queensland Government approval to adopt and Council adoption and gazettal|
Other City Plan amendments
You can also provide feedback on other proposed amendments to City Plan now open for consultation.
Register for updates
To stay informed about City Plan, including proposed amendments and to receive other Council planning and development updates, you can register your interest.
For more information about the proposed major amendment to City Plan, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Planning & Economic Development
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001.