The Emily Seebohm Aquatic Centre - Fitzgibbon
The Emily Seebohm Aquatic Centre - Fitzgibbon was officially opened by Lord Mayor Graham Quirk on Sunday 14 February 2016.
The centre has a:
- heated 25 metre six-lane outdoor pool with accessible ramp
- heated 25 metre indoor programs pool with accessible ramp
- large grassed leisure area
- shaded seating area.
The pool will offer swimming lessons, squad programs and aqua aerobics.
Specialised equipment at The Emily Seebohm Aquatic Centre - Fitzgibbon includes a:
- ramp access heated indoor programs pool
- ramp access heated outdoor 25 metre lap pool
- ceiling mounted patient hoist for people with disabilities
- adjustable height adult change table for people with disabilities
- submersible wheelchair
- accessible changing place room.
Council endorses the Keep Watch public education program of the Royal Life Saving Society - Australia.
Keep watch @ public pools
When by the pool with your kids Keep watch @ public pools recommends:
- for 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian must be in the water at all times within arms' reach of the child/non-swimmer
- for 6-10 year olds, constant active supervision is required by a parent or guardian. Be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group
- for 11-14 year olds, parents or guardians must physically check on children on a regular basis.