Topics: community leasing

Council can provide advice to your organisation on managing and maintaining your leased premise. You may need approval if you want to make any changes, including upgrades and advertising.


Council provides land and facilities for eligible not-for-profit community organisations to use through lease or licence agreements.

If you have a lease or a full licence (not a seasonal licence) for a Council premises you may need liquor, gaming, food or an entertainment event licence. Find out more.

Many properties Council leases or licences were once landfill sites. Find out whether your leased site is on contaminated land and the processes around this.

Rent charges apply to Council land and facilities used by not-for-profit community organisations through lease or licence agreements.   

Find out about Council's current community facility tenders to lease Council venues and facilities. You can also register for future community facility tenders.