Brisbane Metro depot
As part of Brisbane Metro, Brisbane City Council is constructing a new Brisbane Metro depot at School Road, Rochedale, adjacent to the South East Busway.
The depot will be 10 ha in size, with a solar photovoltaic system, making it one of the largest and most technologically advanced facilities in Australia, providing:
- storage and maintenance for the new battery electric Brisbane Metro fleet, initially 60 vehicles
- flash charging technology which can recharge a Brisbane Metro vehicle in under six minutes
- staff facilities, including on-site parking
- capacity to accommodate growth to the fleet in line with future service requirements.
Brisbane Metro depot location
Planning for the Brisbane Metro depot
Planning for the depot commenced in 2017, and since then Council has acquired a total of nine properties along School Road required for the depot site.
Initial demolition and some site clearing commenced in 2019 and continued in early 2021, ahead of the early and main construction works.
In February 2021, Council awarded the contract for the design and construction of the new Brisbane Metro depot to ADCO Constructions.
Site preparation and early works for the depot are scheduled for the first half of 2021, ahead of main construction works starting later in the year.
Council will continue to provide more information to the local community about each package of works, ahead of any works commencing. This will include detailed timings and expected impacts.
Main construction works are planned to be completed by 2023, in time for the delivery of the Brisbane Metro vehicle fleet.
Timeline of activities
Commence main construction works
|Early 2022||Completion of early works|
Brisbane Metro depot construction completion *
* subject to approvals, weather and construction conditions
Sign up for updates
If you would like to be kept up to date about the Brisbane Metro depot, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 692 333 (business hours)
- email the project team and ask to register for future construction updates.