This ePetitions website is operated by Brisbane City Council.
These 'terms and conditions' apply, in addition to any 'other terms', to a part or page of this website. However, if the 'other terms' are inconsistent with these 'terms and conditions', the former will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
By participating in an epetition, you accept the following statements to be true:
- You have a legitimate interest in the matter being raised.
- You have not previously recorded your support to this particular epetition.
- You are representing personal interests. Otherwise, you are registering someone's interest because they are physically incapable of entering their own details. They have given you express permission to do so, and that permission was not revoked at the time of registering interest.
- You have entered your correct details. Otherwise, you entered the correct details of someone whose interest you hold permission to represent. You accept that it is fraudulent to represent yourself as someone else, whether that be a real or imaginary person.
The epetition and your decision to support the issue will form part of a document that Council receives. You should note:
- The document is likely to become a public record.
- Your epetition support will be specifically identified in the document.
- On this website, it is not possible to participate in an epetition as an anonymous person.
For epetition purposes, your personal details are provided to Council. At its discretion, Council may contact you about the epetition matter.
Within this website your initials and suburb will be automatically added to the epetition (for example, GB Alderley).
Guidelines for submitting an ePetition
- Must be written in the English language, or if in another language be accompanied by an English translation, certified by a qualified translator as a true and correct translation of the ePetition.
- Letters, affadavits, or other documents, may not be attached to an ePetition.
- Must be respectful, decorous and temperate and not contain any language which is offensive or likely to be offensive to any member of the public.
- Must not request a grant of public money or a remission of any rates payable.
- Must not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency.
- Must protect your personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses on the public wall and also the privacy of others.
- Must not contain external links.
Council reserves the right to amend any ePetition to ensure compliance with the Rules for submitting an ePetition.