What works are coming up?
As previously advised, temporary changes to the lane configuration on Moggill Road will be in place from mid-May, including the temporary use of the commercial service road as a through lane.
In preparation for this traffic switch, in the coming weeks, a number of construction activities will be carried out including replacing asphalt kerbing and relocating existing power poles.
Where will the work take place?
From 29 March, weather and site conditions permitting.
Day works will be carried out Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Night works will be carried out Sunday to Thursday from 7.30pm to 5:30am.
Where will the works be?
Moggill Road Commercial Service Road, Indooroopilly.
What does this work include?
Construction activities during this period will include:
- Removal of temporary asphalt kerbing and replacement with concrete kerbing during night works.
- Relocation of existing Energex poles and reconnection of power supply
- Resurfacing of the road surface
- Pavement linemarking.
What does this mean for me?
- 29 March – 7 April – replacement of temporary asphalt kerbing (see map over page). Kerb replacement will be carried out on night works with some impacts to driveway access the following day and night as the concrete sets to vehicles to travel over it.
- 11 April – 13 April – resurfacing of service road. These works will be carried out on nights works from 7pm to 5.30am. The service road will be closed to all vehicles during these night works.
- 15 April – 16 April – relocation of existing power poles. These works will be carried out during day works with the removal of on-street parking. Traffic controllers will be on site to maintain vehicle access on the service road.
- 16 April – 17 April – disconnection and reconnection of power supply. These works will be done during night works. Intermittent power outages are expected. Energex will contact impacted businesses.
- Late April/Early May – linemarking of the service road to include reconfiguration of the road as a through lane. This will be done on night works the night before the traffic is switched.
- Early May – traffic will be switched to include the service road as a through lane. Further information will be provided when dates for the switch are confirmed.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works. If you have any questions, contact the project team on 1800 572 132 (during business hours), email the project team or visit Council's website and search ‘Moggill Road Corridor upgrade’.
For information outside of business hours, call Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.