Greater Brisbane Key Corridors Performance Report
A new Transport and Main Roads' corridor, Mt Gravatt-Capalaba Road-Kessels Road-Riawena Road-Granard Road, has been introduced in this report.
It also includes information on initiatives being undertaken by both organisations to manage congestion on the road network.
Case studies on causes of congestion and the Brisbane Metropolitan Transport Management Centre (BMTMC) are also included.
Report summary for January-June 2016
- Network vehicle kilometres travelled increased by 0.7% from the same period last year.
- Bruce Highway is the busiest corridor with an average daily volume of 157,877 vehicles per day. Logan Road (1), between Klumpp Road and Old Cleveland Road, is the least busy at 21,566 vehicles per day.
- Average network speed in the morning peak is 39.1 kilometres per hour, while the afternoon peak average is 39.7 kilometres per hour.
- In the morning peak, February had the lowest average speed at 37.1 kilometres per hour, while January had the highest average speed at 43 kilometres per hour. In the afternoon peak, June had the lowest average speed at 38.7 kilometres per hour and January had the highest average speed at 43 kilometres per hour.
- Centenary Highway (2), between West of Augusta Parkway and Ipswich Motorway, is the fastest in the morning peak with an average speed of 69 kilometres per hour, while Stanley Street is the slowest at 17.2 kilometres per hour.
- In the evening peak, Bruce Highway is the fastest at 84.5 kilometres per hour, while Gympie Road is the slowest at 20.1 kilometres per hour.
- Between 2015 and 2016, the morning peak average speed on Council's 18 key corridors increased by 1.1 kilometres per hour (4.3%) from 27.8 kilometres per hour to 28.9 kilometres per hour. The afternoon average peak speed also improved by 1.4 kilometres per hour (4.1%) from 33.3 kilometres per hour to 34.7 kilometres per hour.
Download full report
- Greater Brisbane Key Corridors Performance Report July - December 2015 (PDF - 5.3Mb)
- Key Corridors Performance Report January - June 2015 (PDF - 2Mb)
- Key Corridors Performance Report July - December 2014 (PDF - 1.7Mb)
- Key Corridors Performance Report January - June 2014 (PDF 3.3Mb)
These documents may be inaccessible to website assistive technologies. If you require any assistance accessing or interpreting these documents, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.