Brisbane City Council runs a Cadetship Pathway Development program for tertiary students in the final years of their undergraduate degree. Cadets are paid to work at Council on a part-time basis in a discipline relevant to their studies.
Council offers cadetships in the following industries:
- business and data analytics
- engineering (civil, mechanical, environmental)
- human resources
- planning and environment
To apply for the cadetship program, you must be:
- currently studying an undergraduate degree level course at a tertiary institution
- in the final two years of your degree
- have a visa/work rights that allows this type of activity (if applicable).
How to apply
Council recruits for cadets throughout the year.
When submitting a cadetship application, include:
- you current resume
- a cover letter that addresses:
- why you are interested in a cadetship with Council and how your suited to it
- transferrable skills you've developed through work experience, or university/community/volunteer projects you've been involved with.
For more information about cadetships in Council:
- email our Employment Pathways team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888.