Guidelines for lighting up a Council asset
Brisbane City Council offers certain Council assets and bridges for you to light up when you want to promote your next event.
Before submitting your application, you are encouraged to read the:
The following conditions apply to all lighting requests:
- Council reserves the right for use of its assets during a booked period
- Council reserves the right to cancel any asset lighting bookings at their discretion
- times may be blocked out due to maintenance
- invoices must be paid a minimum of two weeks prior to booking dates
- where the campaign is primarily for commercial purposes, no discount/concession will be allowed despite the organisation either being listed in Appendix A or classified as not-for-profit organisation
- lighting requests will be approved for a period of up to one week and fees or charges will be applied on this basis
- coverage on Council's social media channels is subject to availability. Scheduling conflicts, crisis situations or other events could result in coverage not being provided on these channels.
- Lighting of Council assets is only available for significant City, State or National events or awareness campaigns that:
- have a city-wide audience; or
- benefit all Brisbane residents; or
- attract 10,000 participants; or
- are a national event represented in multiple states
- To be eligible for consideration as a not-for-profit organisation, the organisation must either:
- be listed in Appendix A of Council's Schedule of Fees and Charges; or
- have a principal objective consistent with the definitions of welfare or community as defined in the Revenue Statement under Rebates and Concessions on Rates and Charges, in the Not-for-Profit (Welfare and Community) Organisations section.
- Organisations not listed in Appendix A, but which meet the criteria in the above guideline 2, can apply to receive the non-for-profit charge by:
- supplying a Registered Charity Certificate from the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading as a Charitable Purpose (CH type), registration as a Community Purpose (CP type) is not sufficient; or
- completing the application form when selecting ‘yes’ to be considered for reduced fees
All applications made apply to the current booking only and are subject to approval by the Branch Manager - Customer Services.
- Not-for-profit organisations will be charged only the external costs incurred in relation to awareness campaign lighting: not-for-profit, significant city, state or national campaign - other assets. These are costs that Council is obliged to pay to third parties to enable the service to be delivered. Applicants will be advised of these costs by Council in response to the style of lighting requested.
- Some of Council's public buildings, bridges and other structures are available for themed coloured lighting or banners to help promote events or not-for-profit awareness. A full list of the current locations, assets and colours is available.
- The lighting of the Story Bridge is reserved for significant city, state and national events and will be assessed on applications for suitability.
- The assets included in the packages are the Story Bridge and the Reddacliff Place sculptures: Donna Marcus Steam 2006. The William Jolly Bridge can be included for an additional cost.
- King George Square is managed by Epicure and prices are provided at the time a booking if requested.
- With the exception of the packages listed, the fees quoted are for one (1) asset/banner only.