The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is a national register administered by Medicare Australia. Find out how to obtain copies of vaccination records or lodge details of vaccinations received overseas.
The AIR began storing records in 1996 and has records of children who are up to 10 years of age. To request records:
- phone 1800 653 809
- download records from the Medicare Australia website
If your child has been immunised overseas you can still have the details added to the AIR by visiting your general practitioner or a Brisbane City Council community immunisation clinic.
Council also keeps vaccination records which you can obtain for yourself or your child. Legal guardians are also able to request information.
Requesting a record of immunisation
To get a record of vaccinations performed by Council, you should complete the Request a record of immunisation online form. To obtain vaccination records you must be the:
- customer requesting your own records
- legal guardian
If you are a medical centre or GP, you must obtain consent from the customer/legal guardian before contacting Council.
Alternatively, you can make a request in writing. You should include:
- your name, address and phone number
- the relationship to the person whose records are being requested
- the full details of the person who the record is for, including:
- date of birth
- current address
- address at the time of vaccinations
- information on the immunisation records you need (e.g. Hepatitis B)
Send your request by:
- mail to:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane, QLD 4001