Hang a flag or banner on City Hall
Flags or banners can be hung from City Hall to recognise significant City, State or National events.
The following fees apply to hang a banner on City Hall (effective 1 July 2017).
|Purpose||Quantity||Duration||Base charge||GST||Final charge|
|Charity/not-for-profit organisation||1 banner||Up to 14 days||$171.45||$17.15||$188.60|
|Commercial||1 banner||Up to 14 days||$456.64||$45.66||$502.30|
You can make an application to hang a flag or banner on City Hall by completing the City Hall and King George Square online application.
The following conditions apply for flag or banner applications.
- Applications must be submitted by the organisation, registered charity, or not-for-profit group.
- Applications must be submitted no less than 14 days prior to the booking date.
- Applications can only be made up to twelve months in advance.
- Applications are processed in the order received.
All applications are subject to Council approval. Council reserve the right to reject any application that does not satisfy the above conditions.
For more information about making an application to hang a flag or banner on City Hall, you can:
- phone the City Hall Operations Team during business hours on 07 3403 0016
- email City Hall Operations Team
Find information on lighting up Brisbane and hanging banners on other Council assets.