Accessibility at City Hall
Brisbane City Council is committed to providing equitable access for all visitors to Brisbane City Hall. As part of its restoration in 2013, several upgrades were made to increase accessibility throughout the building including:
- disability access toilets
- disability change room on ground floor level (Changing Places toilet)
- wheelchair seating allocation on the Main Auditorium balcony and lower level of Council Chambers
- wheelchair lifts for back-of-house access to the Main Auditorium and Ithaca stages
- Braille signage and audio looping throughout the building
- visual and audio emergency alarms
- new lifts with accessible controls and carriage size for wheelchairs
- ramp access into the building via the main entrance on King George Square
- a nearby taxi rank on the corner of Ann Street and Roma Street.
The Changing Places toilet features include:
- peninsular toilet pan with grab rails both sides
- ceiling hoist with a track that covers the entire room
- adult-sized changing table
- internal dimensions of 3.5 metres x 3.2 metres
- hand washing facilities and paper towels
- open when City Hall is open.
The Mobility Centre at City Hall provides free loans of mobility devices for use within Brisbane's Central Business District, Southbank Parklands and the Southbank Cultural Precinct.
Wheelchairs, wheeled walkers and single prams can be borrowed for long or short periods, depending on availability.
The centre is located on the ground floor of Brisbane City Hall and is open:
- Monday to Friday: 8am-5pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am-5pm.
To make a booking or for more information phone Council on 07 3014 4702.