All seniors 65 years and over, including international and interstate visitors, can use Council's free community immunisation clinics for these vaccines.
Free influenza (available from mid-April) and pneumococcal vaccines are also available to the following groups:
- all children from six months to less than five years of age
- pregnant women at any stage of their pregnancy
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 15 years and older
- all individuals aged six months of age and older with medical conditions predisposing them to severe influenza.
For all other people aged from six months who are ineligible for a free influenza vaccine can purchase the vaccine from any Council community immunisation clinic for $19.40.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults aged 50 years and older
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults aged 15 to 49 years with risk factors.
Vaccine availability timings
The influenza vaccine is available from Council's community immunisation clinics from mid-April each year. The pneumococcal vaccine is available all year round.
The shingles vaccine (Zostavax) is a free vaccine that has been added to the National Immunisation Program.
Zostavax has been available from 1 November 2016 for people aged 70 years (a free single catch-up dose is available for adults aged 71-79 years until 31 October 2021).
Zostavax is available through Council's community immunisation clinics.
A consent form must be completed.
Download and complete:
- Seniors Immunisation Consent form (PDF - 99kb)
- Comparison of the Effects of Diseases and the Side Effects of Vaccines form - CC10269 (PDF - 29kb).
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
Contact Council's Immunisation Service on 07 3403 8888 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Click on the markers on the Google Map to find Council community immunisation clinic details including location, address, opening hours and days.
Alternatively, you can select a clinic from the list below the map to find dates, or download the:
All clinics are closed on public holidays and during the Christmas holiday period.
View community immunisation clinics in a larger map.
Select the suburb hyperlink in the following list, to find dates for the clinic.