Housing Support Program budget tips
A budget is required to support your application for a Housing Support Program grant. You can read budget tips and review the budget table example on this page, to assist you with developing your budget.
- Make sure your total project income equals your total expenditure.
- Volunteer staff can be costed from $34.89 per hour for non-skilled labour and at relevant rates for professionals.
- Provide a minimum of two recent quotes.
- Ensure you are familiar with the guidelines, particularly regarding what equipment purchases are eligible for funding.
Please note that for the purpose of assessment:
- All budget figures provided must be GST exclusive i.e. deduct GST from quotes and invoices.
- If your organisation is not GST registered the 10% GST will be added to your grant prior to assessment, but will not be itemised as GST.
- If your organisation is GST registered 10% GST will be added to your grant as an itemised GST gross-up.
An example budget table for the Housing Support Program is below:
|Income (source of funding)||Amount (ex GST)||Project expenditure (description of work and name of supplier)||Amount (ex GST)|
|Brisbane City Council Housing Support Program grant||$1.00||Home maintenance packs||$1.00|
|Organisation's financial contribution to the project||$1.00||Welcome packs||$1.00|
|Organisation's in-kind contribution to the project||$1.00||Kitchen installation||$1.00|
|Organisation's contribution of time by paid staff and volunteers||$1.00||Part time administrator costs||$1.00|
|Other grants e.g. State Government grant (approved)||$1.00||Printing resources, advertising||$1.00|
|Other income||$1.00||Removalist costs||$1.00|
|Total income||$6.00||Total expenditure||$6.00|
NOTE: Ensure all income and expenditure totals match.