Johnson Road black spot project - Forest Lake
We are pleased to announce that the upgrade to Johnson Road, between the Centenary Highway overpass and Woogaroo Street, in Forest Lake, is now complete. This upgrade was delivered as part of the Australian Government’s 2023-24 Black Spot Program.
|Address||Johnson Road, Forest Lake|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety for all road users|
End of construction
Download the project plan:
About the project
The Australian Government Black Spot Program is part of the National Road Safety Strategy, which aims to improve road safety and reduce the risk of crashes, by implementing upgrade measures at each black spot location.
This section of Johnson Road was identified as a location requiring safety improvements with three reported crashes between 2016 and 2023, resulting in two fatalities and one minor injury.
This upgrade has improved safety for motorists along this stretch of road by improving sightlines, increasing driver awareness and encouraging speed reduction at the curve on Johnson Road.
The Johnson Road black spot project was fully funded by the Australian Government through the 2023-24 Black Spot Program.
- Enhanced safety for motorists by installing signage, guideposts and guardrail to encourage speed reduction at the curve on Johnson Road, west of Woogaroo Street.
- Improved visibility for motorists by clearing vegetation along the inside curve of Johnson Road to increase sight distance.
- Improved driver awareness for westbound travel at the downhill gradient by installing signage.
Below is a summary of the project works.
- Installed new driver awareness signage, including directional hazard and curve warning signs, at the curve in Johnson Road.
- Installed guideposts and guardrails on the northern side of the road.
- Relocated existing signage on the southern side of the road.
- Cleared vegetation on the southern side of the road near the curve.
- Project introduction – early July 2023.
- Start of construction – late July 2023.
- End of construction – late August 2023.
If you have any questions about the Johnson Road black spot project, you can:
- call the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- call Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Johnson Road black spot project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434