Reid Lane lighting project – Lutwyche
Brisbane City Council is upgrading street lighting and installing bollards along Reid Lane, between Lutwyche Road and Lucas Street at Lutwyche to create a pedestrian only laneway.
The closure to vehicles on Reid Lane, between Lucas Street and Lutwyche Road, has been administered by Brisbane City Council under Section 75(2)(b) of the City of Brisbane Act 2010.
This permanent change to access will come in to effect from mid-September 2023.
|Address||Reid Lane, Lutwyche|
|Project outcome||Improve safety for all road users|
Project is in construction
About the project
The Reid Lane lighting project will improve safety for all road users by installing street lighting and bollards along Reid Lane, between Lutwyche Road and Lucas Street to restrict vehicle access. Reid Lane will turn into a pedestrian and active transport laneway to improve safety and connectivity for people in the area.
The project features are listed below.
- Installing nine bollards at three locations across the entrance to Reid Lane, to prevent vehicle access
- Installing kerb and channel on Lutwyche Road at the entrance to Reid Lane to remove the driveway kerb
- Installing three five-metre-high light poles and Light Emitting Diode (LED) lights along Reid Lane
- Installing electrical pits and associated conduits
- No vehicle access signage at the approach to Reid Lane.
Vehicle access to the section of Reid Lane that runs parallel to Lutwyche Road (accessible via Swinburne Street) will remain to enable access to businesses and street parking.
- Street lighting along Reid Lane will enhance safety and connectivity for people walking and riding.
- Installing bollards to prevent vehicle access will improve safety for all road users.
|Start of construction||from 10 September 2023|
|End of construction||late November 2023|
To ensure the safety of road users and workers, some intermittent night works will be required to complete works near to Lutwyche Road. Advance notice of night works will be provided via a notice to impacted residents and businesses letterbox drop.
If you would like to find out more about the Reid Lane lighting project, you can: