Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund
The Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund supports community projects that build stronger communities in Brisbane.
Applications are now open.
Applications for the 2017-18 financial year will close at midnight on Friday 15 June 2018, or when each ward has fully spent their allocated budget (whichever comes first).
Projects must contribute to the Brisbane Vision, by helping to achieve the aspiration to be a friendly and safe, active and healthy, clean and green or vibrant and creative city.
Each Council Ward is allocated $55,000 for community projects undertaken within that ward. The Lord Mayor allocates $55,000 for community projects that involve multiple wards.
Applications for funding can be made by community organisations for local projects, or by Councillors to support community events, activities or capital projects.
The minimum grant is $250 (GST exclusive) and the maximum is $10,000 (GST exclusive) per organisation.
Eligible projects include projects such as:
- community events including Australia Day ceremonies, fetes and those events that charge an entry fee, for example a fundraiser with a cover charge and festivals with a site entry fee
- equipment hired for the purpose of a community event
- community facility improvements and equipment
- funding towards community sporting organisations equipment and activities within the Ward.
Before starting your application read the:
- Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund Grant Program Guidelines
- Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund Grant Program Terms and Conditions.
How to apply
To complete the online application, determine which Council ward your project will take place in by visiting the Electoral Commission Queensland website, then select the appropriate ward from the list of Council wards open for funding.
Council wards open for funding
- Lord Mayor's Office
- Bracken Ridge
- Forest Lake
- Holland Park
- The Gabba
- The Gap
- Walter Taylor
- Wynnum Manly
Projects or events supported wholly or partly by a Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund allocation must acknowledge the program with the words 'Supported by the Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund.' For printed material including letters, recipients should use the following template:
Funding recipients from previous grants rounds
Download the previous Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative fund (LMSIF) recipients:
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2016-17 (Excel - 247kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2015-16 post March 2016 (Excel - 82kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2015-16 pre-March 2016 (Excel - 157kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2014-15 (Excel - 243kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2013-14 (Excel - 156kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2012-13 (Excel - 162kb)
For more information, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the Grants Unit.