Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund
Brisbane City Council's Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund supports community projects that build stronger communities in Brisbane.
Applications for the 2018-19 financial year are now open. Applications close at midnight on Friday 14 June 2019, or when each ward has spent their allocated budget (whichever comes first).
Projects must contribute to the Brisbane Vision by helping achieve our aspirations to be a:
- friendly and safe
- active and healthy
- clean and green; or
- vibrant and creative city.
Each Council ward is allocated $75,000 for community projects undertaken within that ward. The Lord Mayor allocates $75,000 for community projects that involve multiple wards.
Community organisations can apply for funding for local projects. Councillors can also apply to support community events, activities or capital projects.
The minimum grant is $250 (goods and services tax (GST) exclusive) and the maximum is $10,000 (GST exclusive) per organisation.
Eligible projects include projects such as:
- community events including:
- Australia Day ceremonies
- events that charge an entry fee (e.g. fundraiser with a cover charge or festivals with a site entry fee)
- equipment hired for a community event
- community facility improvements and equipment
- funding towards community sporting organisations equipment and activities within a ward.
Before starting your application, read the:
- Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund Grant Program guidelines
- Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund Grant Program terms and conditions.
How to apply
To complete the online application, determine which Council ward your project will take place in. Visit the Electoral Commission Queensland website and select the appropriate ward from the list of Council wards open for funding.
Council wards open for funding
- Bracken Ridge
- Forest Lake
- Holland Park
- Lord Mayor's Office
- The Gabba
- The Gap
- Walter Taylor
- Wynnum Manly.
Council wards closed for funding
Projects or events supported wholly or partly by a Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund allocation must acknowledge the program. The words 'supported by the Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund' must be used for printed material, including letters. Recipients should download and use the Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative Fund template (Word - 137kb).
Funding recipients from previous grants rounds
Download the previous Lord Mayor's Suburban Initiative fund (LMSIF) recipients:
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2017-18 (Excel - 236kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2016-17 (Excel - 245kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2015-16 post March 2016 (Excel - 82kb)
- Successful LMSIF recipients 2015-16 pre-March 2016 (Excel - 157kb).
For more information, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to speak to the Grants Unit.