Ways to protect yourself
By following these simple steps, you can stop the mosquito breeding cycle and protect your home, family and pets from mosquitoes.
Protect yourself and your household
You can protect yourself by:
- limiting your time in mosquito-prone areas, especially around dawn and dusk
- wearing loose-fitting, light-coloured clothing with long sleeves and long trousers
- using a personal insect repellent containing picaridin or DEET on exposed skin
- making sure windows are screened
- sleeping under a mosquito bed net
- using mosquito coils, lanterns and insecticide emanators
- switching on a fan as the airflow produced will help keep mosquitoes away.