Ticketed events for people 18 years and over
Identification must be carried by anyone attending ticketed events for people 18 years and over. Suitable identification includes:
- current driver's licence
- valid passport
- valid adult proof of age card or 18+ card.
Riverstage may refuse entry (without refund) to people without suitable identification.
All ages ticketed events
For all ages ticketed events, a valid ticket must be presented by all patrons.
The following general rules apply:
- children 12 years and under MUST be accompanied by an adult. It is strongly recommended that children between 13 and 15 years are accompanied by an adult
- all patrons must hold a valid ticket regardless of age, unless specified for an event.
Admission for non-ticketed events
For non-ticketed events once the venue capacity is reached, there will be no further admittance. We encourage guests to arrive early and to arrive together to avoid disappointment.
General admission at Riverstage is standing room only. Most of the venue is grassed area on a gentle slope.
For seated events with reserved seating, refer to your ticket for your seat row and number.
You CAN bring the following items into the venue:
- sealed unopened plastic water bottles (event dependant)
- empty plastic water bottles for filling at Riverstage's free water stations
- rugs and blankets (event/capacity dependent).
Working guide dogs and assistance dogs are permitted at this venue.
- bags larger than A3 size
- cameras with detachable lens
- chairs or elevated seating
- domestic animals, excluding working guide dogs and other assistance dogs
- fireworks (of any kind)
- full (or empty) beverage bottles, cans or containers of any kind (not including water)
- large flashlights and torches
- laser pointing devices
- selfie sticks
- studded fashion items
- video or audio recorders of any type
- weapons of any kind
- any other items considered to be harmful to others.
Additional items may be added to the prohibited list as required.
For more information on prohibited items or event-specific conditions of entry, email the Riverstage Venue Operations Manager.
All bags will be searched. A personal safety and security search is a condition of entry. Security wanding may occur at events. Prohibited items can be deposited at the cloakroom. Illegal items will be confiscated.
Patrons must not stand on bins or fences. The venue is not responsible for any injuries caused or suffered by patrons standing on bins or fences.
No passouts are given under any circumstance.
Bad weather policy
Riverstage is an outdoor amphitheatre. If rain or bad weather occurs, the show will proceed, unless deemed unsafe to do so. No refunds will be authorised unless the event is cancelled.