Getting to and around Mt Coot-tha precinct
Use this page to plan how you get to the Mt Coot-tha precinct and around key destinations in the precinct by bus, car or bike.
Use Translink's journey planner to help plan your trip to the precinct.
If you are travelling from Brisbane's Central Business District, catch the 471 bus leaving Adelaide Street (stop 34 or 41). Hop off at the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha (stop 19) for the Visitor Information Centre, or continue to the Summit.
The free Mt Coot-tha shuttle bus service allows you to travel between key destinations in the precinct.
The service runs every 20 minutes on a seasonal timetable:
- summer (1 October to 30 April) - 8.40am-7pm
- winter (1 May to 30 September) - 9.40am-4.40pm.
Choose your own Mt Coot-tha adventure, by hopping on and off the shuttle bus at any of the following stops:
- Mt Coot-tha Lookout (also Kuta Cafe and Summit Restaurant & Bar)
- Sir Samuel Griffith Drive - Mt Coot-tha Car Park
- Sir Samuel Griffith Drive - Mahogany Trail
- Sir Samuel Griffith Drive - J. C. Slaughter Falls Picnic Area
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha (also Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium, Mt Coot-tha Library and Mt Coot-tha Visitor Information Centre).
View the above stops on the Google map below. View a larger version of this map.
For times and other public transport options:
- visit Translink
- phone 13 12 30.
Riding your bike to the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha is easy using the Anzac Park overpass.
Find out more about riding in Brisbane.