Current bikeway and pathway projects
Brisbane City Council's active public transport projects improve our public transport, bikeways and shared bicycle and pedestrian pathways. Cycle paths and bikeways enhance Brisbane's environment and minimise traffic congestion. Use this page to find out about current bikeway and pathway projects. You can also find out about completed bikeway and pathway projects finished since 1 July 2015.
Before cycling in Brisbane, find out about temporary bikeway closures and detours that may affect your bike ride.
- Bowen Hills - North Brisbane Bikeway project - O'Connell Terrace
Improved safety and connectivity for cyclists.
- Fortitude Valley - Ivory Lane walkway replacement
More durable walkway for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Fortitude Valley - Story Bridge to Fortitude Valley Bikeway
Providing residents with improved connections and safety.
- Kangaroo Point - Enhanced safety lighting project - Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park
Improving safety and amenity.
- Parkinson - Billabong Place Park walkway replacement project
New, durable walkway for shared pedestrian and cyclist use.
- Mitchelton to Nundah - Kedron Brook Bikeway upgrade
Providing new links to the bikeway and widening and upgrading of ten existing locations from Pullen Road at Mitchelton to Sandgate Road at Nundah.
There are no current bikeway and pathway projects in the western part of Brisbane. Find out about completed bikeway and pathway projects.
There are no current bikeway and pathway projects in the southern part of Brisbane. Find out about completed bikeway and pathway projects.
- East Brisbane - CBD to Wynnum/Manly bikeway commuter corridor (Norman Creek Bridge)
Creating a better commuter network of bikeways that service major employment areas, as well as improving access and safe travel to local shopping strips, schools and public transport hubs.
- Woolloongabba and Coorparoo - CBD to Carindale commuter bikeway corridor
Completing a gap in the eastern commuter cycling network and provide a safe alternative route to Old Cleveland Road.
With an extensive network of bikeways and shared pathways and great bike-related events and facilities, Brisbane has some of the best cycle facilities in the country. Sign up for free to Cycling Brisbane to receive exclusive deals and discounts, project updates and much more. Cycling Brisbane also includes a heap of bike rides to try including casual, family and training rides.