Wavell Heights Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council completed a $400,000 Village Precinct Project in June 2019 to refresh the Wavell Heights neighbourhood shopping precinct on Hamilton Road (between Millcan Street and Albar Street). This is part of Council's commitment to creating a city of neighbourhoods, improving the amenity of local retail villages with better footpaths, increased shade and local character.
The Hamilton Road Village Precinct Project delivered streetscape infrastructure to contribute to and encourage local economic development and the community's sense of place at this neighbourhood centre.
Council is committed to creating and maintaining our vibrant suburban centres. The revitalisation at Hamilton Road will help ensure that the Wavell Heights shopping precinct remains a great neighbourhood place for the local community.
- footpath upgrades to improve accessibility, maintenance and visual amenity
- bus stop upgrades incorporating standard street furniture
- tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity, while providing shade
- groundcover plantings to new garden beds
- unique street furniture
- improving pedestrian safety by upgrading the existing pedestrian crossing
- placemaking elements to enhance centre character and identify and create a focal point for the community.
For more information on the Wavell Heights Village Precinct Project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the project team.