Village Precinct Projects is a new public realm improvement program supporting Brisbane City Council’s commitment to creating a city of neighbourhoods, a key principle of Brisbane’s Future Blueprint. The primary purpose is to create liveable places with vibrant neighbourhood centres for the local community and visitors to enjoy.
Council will design and deliver public realm improvements, breathing new life into local shopping precincts with the aim of contributing to the commercial vitality of the precinct by creating:
- a beautiful precinct - high-quality, attractive public spaces that are accessible, safe and comfortable to walk through; spaces that encourage the local community to meet, linger and enjoy
- a precinct for people - streets that are inclusive and inviting places for everyone to shop, socialise and relax
- a sense of place - reinforcing the local character and pride, and creating distinctive subtropical spaces for local residents, businesses and visitors to connect with and belong to.
- Aspley Village Precinct Project
- Biota Street Inala Village Precinct Project
- Gaythorne Village Precinct Project
- Jindalee Village Precinct Project
- Wavell Heights Village Precinct Project
View the project photo gallery of current, completed and renewal projects.
For more information about the Village Precinct Projects:
- email the project team
- contact Council
- write to:
Village Precinct Project team
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.