Jindalee Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council will be working with the local community to refresh the neighbourhood shopping precinct on Curragundi Road, Jindalee as part of the Village Precinct Projects program.
We're commiting $400,000 to the improvement project, which aims to:
- enhance the amenity, connectivity and safety for locals and residents;
- contribute to and encourage local economic development and;
- the community's sense of place at this neighbourhood centre.
This is part of Council’s commitment to create a city of neighbourhoods, a key principle of the recently released Brisbane’s Future Blueprint, with vibrant suburban centres for our local communities.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community is encouraged to become involved in the planning for the revitalisation proposal by providing feedback.
- Draft opportunities plan - Jindalee Village Precinct Project (PDF - 4.31Mb)
- Draft opportunities plan - Jindalee Village Precinct Project (Word - 1.16Mb).
To have your say:
- complete the online survey
- share ideas in person at our onsite project information kiosk on Saturday 17 November 2018, 10am-12 noon.
The online survey closes 5pm, Friday 23 November 2018.
Feedback will assist Council in understanding what the community thinks is important in their neighbourhood and will inform the revitalisation plan for your Jindalee local shopping precinct.
What happens next?
|Precinct improvement proposal||A revitalisation proposal will be prepared in response to the community's feedback. The improvement proposal will be on display in the Jindalee neighbourhood shopping precinct and Mt Ommaney Library from early January 2019. More information will be provided.|
|Construction||Construction is planned to begin in early 2019 and be completed by mid-2019. Council will consult with each business in the shopping centre to ensure minimal disruption occurs during construction. Access to every shop in the shopping centre will be maintained during business hours.|
|Activation event||Local residents and businesses will be invited to an activation event to celebrate the completion of the project and also promote the upgraded neighbourhood centre. More information will be provided in the coming months.|
Expected improvements include:
- footpath upgrades to improve accessibility, maintenance and visual amenity
- improving pedestrian crossing safety by realigning existing pedestrian crossings, adding cautionary tactile paving to existing kerb ramps where possible and reconstructing existing ramps to improve accessibility
- tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity while providing shade
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- standard street furniture and unique seating.
For more information on the Jindalee Village Precinct Project, phone the project team on 07 3403 8888.