Murarrie Recreation Hub - Murrarie
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise construction of the Murarrie Recreation Hub, located near Metroplex Avenue Park, is now complete and open for public use.
Murarrie Recreation Hub video
Watch the video to see the completed project. Read supporting information for this video.
|Address||Metroplex Avenue Park|
|Project outcomes||Improve access to the Brisbane River and encourage greater use of recreational facilities.|
|Latest update||Construction complete and open for use|
About the project
The Murarrie Recreation Hub is part of Council's commitment to:
- improving access to the Brisbane River for residents and visitors
- promoting an active and healthy lifestyle by encouraging greater use of the city's recreational facilities
- enhancing the attraction offered by the Brisbane River as a recreational and tourist destination.
The Murarrie Recreation Hub will be able to facilitate a range of vessels and uses including:
- launching and short-term use of passive crafts such as kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards
- short-term use for motorised recreational vessels
- potential future water taxi pick-up and drop-off point
- pick-up and drop-off for commercial vessels
- a rest point or destination within a network of other public pontoons.
Fishing activities will be allowed on the pontoon, however boating and passive craft activities will have priority.
Residents and visitors can access this facility via a shared path through Metroplex Avenue Park, behind the recently opened Brewdog complex.
The area is expanding with new development and the facility will not only be a link in the River Access Network but will also provide a key access point for river users to access local amenities.
The new facility will allow users to stay for a period of up to two hours, unless otherwise signed by Council. The facility is suitable for vessels up to 75 tonnes. Follow the signage at the pontoon.
Council will be monitoring the usage of the pontoon over the next 12 months and welcomes feedback on all operational aspects such as duration of stay, signage and usage. Where possible, Council will look to update the pontoon's usage in line with community feedback.
To provide feedback on the pontoon, complete the online feedback form.
Council has installed signage onsite to ensure users are able to familiarise themselves with safe on-water conduct before using the facility.
Council encourages all users to also familiarise themselves with the Brisbane River Code of Conduct and the Brisbane RiverShare pocket guide for further information on how to safety use the river. These guides are able to be accessed via the Queensland Government's Maritime Safety Queensland website.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Murarrie Recreation Hub:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Murarrie Recreation Hub
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.