Commercial Road drainage upgrade - Teneriffe
The drainage upgrade at Commercial Road, Teneriffe is part of Brisbane City Council’s commitment to ensuring our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations.
Stage two on the construction program to install new stormwater drainage infrastructure, as part of the Commercial Road stormwater drainage upgrade project, is now complete.
|Address||Commercial Road and Harcourt Street, Teneriffe|
|Project outcomes||Improve drainage system by increasing capacity and minimising potential flooding impacts.|
About the project
- setting up a site and laydown area on Harcourt Street
- geo-technical investigation to locate the services on Commercial Road, Harcourt Street and unnamed lane
- excavating one lane of Commercial Road near the intersection of Harcourt Street, to install drainage infrastructure
- excavating from one side of Harcourt Street to the other, along Harcourt Street for approximately 45 metres towards unnamed lane, for installation of drainage pipes and manhole upgrades
- excavating and installing drainage on unnamed lane.
While these works are complete, the project still requires service lines to be relocated. This work is estimated to be completed in late August 2021.
Service relocation works will involve relocating the water and sewer mains, and the Energex service line, on the corner of Commercial Road and Harcourt Street from 2 August until the end of August, weather permitting.
Council apologises for any inconvenience these additional works may cause, and thanks the community for their patience and understanding
The completed works will provide local residents and businesses in this area with improved flood immunity.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Commercial Road drainage upgrade project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Commercial Road drainage upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.