Chermside Street drainage upgrade - Teneriffe
Brisbane City Council has completed works to upgrade the drainage infrastructure on Chermside Street, Teneriffe to improve the level of flood immunity and minimise potential flooding impacts.
|Address||Chermside Street, Teneriffe|
Upgrade stormwater drainage system and minimise potential flooding impacts
About the project
Council is pleased to advise works to upgrade the drainage infrastructure on Chermside Street, Teneriffe are now complete.
The project involved:
- installing a new underground stormwater pipe on Chermside Street from Abercrombie Street through to Macquarie Street
- constructing an enclosed drop structure at the intersection of Chermside Street and Walker Avenue
- connecting the new stormwater infrastructure to an existing stormwater pipe in Macquarie Street
- constructing stormwater gully pits and access chambers along Chermside Street
- stabilising the rock embankment on Macquarie Street.
Works began in June 2019 and were completed in November 2019.
Council would like to thank the local community for their patience and cooperation while works were undertaken.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Chermside Street drainage upgrade project, you can:
- call the project team on 1800 884 681
- call Council on (07) 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to
Chermside Street drainage upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001