Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection upgrade - Alderley
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection in Alderley is now complete.
|Address||Enoggera Road and Moran Street, Alderley|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety and traffic efficiency|
Download the project plan and the newsletter
About the project
Prior to the upgrade, the intersection of Enoggera Road and Moran Street was a priority-controlled intersections with a stop sign on Moran Street.
The Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection experienced a high crash rate with nine recorded accidents between 2016 and 2021, all of which have resulted in medical treatment or hospitalisation. Seven of these incidents involved motorists turning right out of Moran Street and right out of Lloyd Street colliding with vehicles travelling on Enoggera Road. This could be attributed to inappropriate gap selection due to high traffic volumes, extended wait times and poor sightlines of vehicles travelling on Enoggera Road.
The Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection upgrade is jointly funded by Brisbane City Council and the Australian Government through the Roads to Recovery program.
This upgrade project has improved safety for all road users by installing traffic lights at the intersection with dedicated right-turn lanes. Upgraded footpaths and new signalised crossings has also improved the safety and accessibility for residents visiting local parks, shops and catching public transport.
The project involved:
- installing a right-turn lane on Enoggera Road (northbound) to access Moran Street
- installing a U-turn facility with a dedicated lane on Enoggera Road (southbound) to access Lloyd Street
- changing access at Lloyd Street to left-in/left-out only
- installing dedicated right-turn and left-turn lanes on Moran Street into Enoggera Road
- upgrading the footpaths at the corners of Enoggera Road and Moran Street
- installing new median traffic islands along the centre of Enoggera Road, and on Moran Street and Lloyd Street approaching Enoggera Road
- upgrading bus stop 25 (inbound and outbound) on Enoggera Road.
- Start of construction - late July 2022
- End of construction - November 2022
- Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection upgrade (PDF - 3.7 MB)
- Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection upgrade (Word - 1.39 Mb)
- Kelvin Grove Road and Enoggera Road corridor improvements newsletter (PDF - 3.1Mb)
- Kelvin Grove Road and Enoggera Road corridor improvements newsletter (Work - 1.68Mb)
If you would like to find out more about the Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Enoggera Road and Moran Street intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.