Current road and intersection upgrades
Council is building an improved road and transport network across Brisbane through a range of key projects including major road construction and intersection upgrades. To improve access to major transport networks, Council is also working to minimise traffic congestion and to improve safety in local areas by constructing intersections, corridor upgrades and minor road projects.
Find out about road and intersection upgrade projects under construction in Brisbane below. You can also find out about completed road and intersection upgrade projects.
- 2016-17 road resurfacing program
The $90 million 2016-17 road resurfacing program will help make suburban streets smoother and safer. Works will occur across every Council ward.
- LED Road Signs program
Reducing the number of accidents and near-misses at know accident hotspots.
- Portable speed warning signs
Promoting safety through driver awareness and reducing speed around busy neighbourhood roads.
- Brisbane City - Queen's Wharf Brisbane road network improvements project
Constructing an integrated resort and entertainment precinct in the Brisbane CBD.
- Bowen Hills - Inner City Bypass upgrade
Widening the Inner City Bypass between Legacy way and the RNA tunnel to increase capacity and allow for future growth along the key corridor.
- West End - Vulture Street and Montague Road intersection upgrade
Improving safety, congestion and traffic flows through the intersection.
- Bracken Ridge - Telegraph Road corridor upgrade: stage 1b
Improving travel times, safety and road flood immunity.
- Bracken Ridge, Fitzgibbon, Deagon and Taigum - Telegraph Road corridor upgrade: stage 2
Catering for existing and future traffic demands and improving travel times, safety and road flood immunity.
- Hamilton - Kingsford Smith Drive upgrade
Widening Kingsford Smith Drive from four lanes to six lanes between Theodore Street and Breakfast Creek Road.
- Geebung - Murphy Road and Ellison road intersection upgrade
Improve traffic efficiency, reduce congestion and increase safety for all road users.
- Grange and Wilston - Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade
Reducing congestion and improving safety and traffic efficiency.
- Grange - Raymont Road and Grange Road intersection upgrade
Reducing congestion and improving safety.
- McDowall - Beckett Road and Hamilton Road intersection upgrade
Reducing traffic congestion and improving road safety.
- Virginia - Toombul Road and Wellington Street intersection upgrade
Improving safety for all road users by installing a controlled U-turn movement and relocating pedestrian and cyclist crossing facilities.
- Wavell Heights - Shaw Road sports precinct access road intersection upgrade
Improving access and safety for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
- Wavell Heights - Newman Road and Main Avenue intersection upgrade
- Inala- Inala Avenue, Corsair Avenue and Serviceton Avenue intersection upgrade
Reducing congestion and improving efficiency and safety for all road users.
- Sunnybank Hills- Hellawell Road, The Avenue and Borella Road intersection upgrades
Improving traffic efficiency and safety for all road users as part of the Projects Attacking Congestion Program.
- Wacol - Progress Road upgrade: stage 4
Upgrading Progress Road between Boundary Road and Centenary Motorway to improve safety, increase flood immunity and increase capacity to cater for future traffic growth.
- Wacol - Wolston Creek Bridge upgrade
Upgrading Wolston Creek Bridge to increase safety and accessibility and improve travel time reliability and freight connectivity.
- Annerley - Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection upgrade
Improving traffic efficiency and enhancing safety for all road users.
- Coorparoo - Boundary Road and Whites Hill Reserve access road intersection upgrade
Improving access and safety for motorists.
- Coorparoo - Old Cleveland Road and Leicester Street intersection upgrade
Improving safety for pedestrians and motorists as part of the 2017-18 Australian Government Black Spot Programme.
- East Brisbane - Wynnum Road corridor upgrade: stage 1
Improving safety for road users and catering for existing and future traffic demands along this busy corridor.
- Norman Park - Wynnum Road corridor upgrade - stage 1b
Improving safety for road users between Canning Bridge and Riding Road, Norman Park.
- Upper Mount Gravatt - Player Street connection
Undertaking a planned investigations into a new road connection at Player Street, Upper Mount Gravatt to improve traffic flow.
- Wakerley - Tilley Road extension
Reducing traffic congestion and improving safety for all road users in the Manly West, Wynnum West, Wakerley and Chandler areas.
- Wakerley - Green Camp Road corridor upgrade
Reducing traffic congestion and improving safety and traffic efficiency.
- Enoggera - Pickering Street signalised pedestrian crossing
Improving safety and accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists.