Flood Awareness Map conditions of use
The interactive flood mapping tool is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed in the conditions of use below.
Brisbane City Council excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Information at this site:
- is general information provided to help you be prepared for flooding and decide if you need further professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances
- is not a substitute for independent professional advice
- is subject to the uncertainties of scientific and technical research
- may not be accurate, current or complete
- is subject to change without notice
- may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of Council or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action
These maps are produced from computer models. The models are based on the best data available to Council at the time the models were developed.
These maps are indicative only of possible flood extents, if the data and assumptions on which they are based are reproduced in a future weather event.
Links to External Web Sites
Council has no direct control over the content of any linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external web sites.
Links to external web sites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. Users of links provided by this web site are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the web site they visit.
Security Risks and Computer Viruses
The World Wide Web operates across insecure, public networks. You assume all risks associated with use of the web site, including:
- risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, disabling codes, worms or other devices and defects which might be transmitted or activated via the website, or your access to it or the downloading of files from the web site
- connections transmitted to and from this site being intercepted and modified by third parties