Colmslie Industrial Precinct
Brisbane City Council has commenced planning for the Colmslie Industrial Precinct to create a clear direction for the area’s future. This precinct forms part of the Australia TradeCoast, and has been identified for industrial renewal under Council’s industrial strategy, Brisbane: Our Productive City.
An initial project survey undertaken from 20 March to 2 April 2023 received more than 670 responses that highlighted 3 key priorities:
- providing certainty about appropriate land uses in the area
- improving connectivity and safe movement within the area
- enhancing open space and recreation areas that are valued by the community.
Colmslie Industrial Precinct area
The precinct area:
- is located approximately 6 kilometres north-east of Brisbane’s city centre
- includes parts of the suburbs of Bulimba, Morningside and Murarrie.
- You can also download the Colmslie Industrial Precinct area (PDF - 5Mb)
Background research and initial engagement.
Council conducted background research and sought community and business input to understand key opportunities and challenges.
Draft ShapingSEQ 2023 Update released by the Queensland Government.
|Early 2024||Council enters caretaker period for Local Government election.|
Release of Colmslie Industrial Precinct draft plan for community feedback.
Council will engage with the State Government, community and businesses on the draft plan.
Register for updates
Register to receive regular updates about the Colmslie Industrial Precinct by emailing the project team.
Alternatively, you can register online for planning and building development updates.
To receive information about Council's projects and programs, including invitations to have your say, sign up to Council's Your City, Your Say.
For more information you can: