Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park upgrade - Alderley, Stafford
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise the opportunities plan for Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park (also known as Shand Street Park (no. 131)) has been finalised following consultation in November and December 2019.
This project is part of Council's commitment to creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane, with more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
|Address||Corbett Street Park (also known as Shand Street Park (no. 131)) - Alderley
Grinstead Park - Alderley
Shand Street Park (no. 100) - Stafford
|Ward||Corbett Street Park - Enoggera Ward
Grinstead Park - Marchant Ward
Shand Street Park (no. 100) - McDowall Ward
|Project outcomes||Enhance and diversify the recreational opportunities throughout these well-connected parks|
|Latest update||Following community consultation, the opportunities plan for Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park is now finalised|
Council is committed to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
The three adjoining parks are well used by the community for a range of recreational activities, including use of the playgrounds, multi-use games and sporting facilities, exercise equipment and picnic facilities.
The project aims to:
- enhance these existing facilities
- diversify the recreational opportunities throughout this well-connected green space
- ensure any upgrades cater to a broad spectrum of the community.
Community feedback received on the opportunities plan was supportive of the proposed park and showed a priority for enhancing Grinstead Park playground, providing a new children's learn-to-ride facility and maintaining open space areas throughout the parks.
The final opportunities plan highlights the proposed elements that will be investigated for delivery as part of the next phase of the project. These elements include:
- enhancing the Corbett Street playground with a picnic shelter and drinking fountain
- defining the Grinstead Park edge along Shand Street with fencing and/or new vegetation
- replacing the Grinstead Park toilet block and improving the pathway and disabled access to the car park
- enhancing the Grinstead Park playground with additional play options, nature plan/discovery trail, seating areas, improved disabled access and potential play links across the gully
- installing a new children's bicycle learn-to-ride facility in Grinstead Park
- enhancing Grinstead Park picnic facilities
- providing a picnic shelter next to the fitness and multi-use games area in Grinstead Park
- improving the surfacing around the skate half pipe, providing a pathway link to the bikeway that includes scooter/skate features and providing potential BMX features off the existing bikeway in Shand Street Park
- providing a picnic shelter at the basketball court in Shand Street Park
- maintaining open space areas
- providing an interpretive signage trail to educate visitors about flora and fauna in the area.
Download the final opportunities plan in your preferred format:
- Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park final opportunities Plan (PDF - 910kb)
- Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park final opportunities plan (Word - 2.1Mb).
Community consultation and project timing
Community consultation was undertaken in November and December 2019. Council thanks the community for taking the time to provide feedback and helping decide which features are included in the project.
The opportunities plan will now move into the design development phase with further investigations and development of the proposed design elements. Construction works are anticipated to commence from mid-2020, with more information to be provided to the community prior to works starting.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 during business hours and ask to speak with the project team
- email the project team.