Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park upgrade - Alderley, Stafford
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise the opportunities plan for Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park (also known as Shand Street Park (no. 131)) has been finalised following consultation in November and December 2019. Early works to deliver some of the elements of the plan will start in late June 2020.
This project is part of Council's commitment to creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane, with more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
|Address||Corbett Street Park (also known as Shand Street Park (no. 131)) - Alderley
Grinstead Park - Alderley
Shand Street Park (no. 100) - Stafford
|Ward||Corbett Street Park and Grinstead Park - Enoggera Ward
Shand Street Park (no. 100) - McDowall Ward
|Project outcomes||Enhance and diversify the recreational opportunities throughout these well-connected parks|
|Latest update||Council is undertaking early works including the delivery of items from the final opportunities plan|
Council is committed to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
The project aims to:
- enhance and diversify the existing facilities throughout this well-connected green space
- ensure the upgrades cater to a broad spectrum of the community.
Community feedback received on the opportunities plan was supportive of the proposed park and showed a priority for enhancing Grinstead Park playground, providing a new children's learn-to-ride facility and maintaining open space areas throughout the parks.
As part of this project, Council is pleased to announce works will start on the following elements of the project in late June 2020:
- a new children's lean-to-ride facility with a drinking fountain and picnic shelter in Grinstead Park
- a new picnic shelter in the multi-use games and fitness area in Grinstead Park
- replacing the Grinstead Park toilet block and improving the pathway and disabled access to the car park
- a new shelter and drinking fountain at the existing playground in Corbett Street Park.
Construction works will generally take place from Monday to Friday between 6.30am and 6.30pm. Where Saturday works are required, works will take place between 8am-1pm. Works are expected to be completed by late September 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting.
The remaining proposed elements of the opportunities plan will be investigated for delivery as part of the next phase of the project. These elements include:
- defining the Grinstead Park edge along Shand Street with fencing and/or new vegetation
- enhancing the Grinstead Park playground with additional play options, nature play/discovery trail, seating areas, improved disabled access and potential play links across the gully
- enhancing the Grinstead park picnic facilities
- improving the surfacing around the skate half pipe, providing a pathway link to the bikeway that includes scooter/skate features and providing potential BMX features off the existing bikeway in Shand Street Park
- providing a picnic shelter at the basketball court in Shand Street Park
- maintaining open space areas
- providing an interpretive signage trail to educate visitors about flora and fauna in the area.
Download the final opportunities plan in your preferred format:
- Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park final opportunities Plan (PDF - 910kb)
- Grinstead Park, Shand Street Park (no. 100) and Corbett Street Park final opportunities plan (Word - 2.1Mb).
These remaining proposed elements are in the design development phase, with further investigations and development of the proposed design elements underway.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Grinstead/Corbett Street park upgrades
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.