Wynnum Aqua Park upgrade
As part of Brisbane City Council’s approach to exploring new lifestyle and leisure opportunities, Council is planning to upgrade the Wynnum Aqua Park, located on The Esplanade on the Wynnum Foreshore.
|Address||Wynnum Wading Pool Park, Wynnum Esplanade, Wynnum|
|Project outcome||Improved accessible aquatic facilities|
|Latest update||Construction anticipated to start in mid-2017|
About the project
The Wynnum Aqua Park plays an important role in contributing to the recreational value of the Wynnum Foreshore.
The project will transform the existing aquatic playground to a reinvigorated, interactive water play environment that is accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Council is proposing to:
- install a spray zone with a splash tower with an overhead tipping bucket, water spray features and directional jets
- create elevated water play areas
- create a toddler water play area with a bubbling stream
- redefine the existing whale water play area with new water spouting whales that meet safe grade requirements
- install boat shaped walls beached on sandbanks, with waterspouts at the bow to replicate waves splashing
- construct a new concrete pathway incorporating existing fish artwork.
The existing shelter, BBQ area and timber jetty will be retained and new seating areas around the garden edges will be installed to provide a shaded viewing area for the water play area. Some of the existing park benches will be relocated adjacent to the toddler water play area.
For more information download the:
- Wynnum Aqua Park upgrade - concept plan (PDF - 29Mb)
- Wynnum Aqua Park upgrade - concept plan (Word - 874kb).
The project will provide more play features for children of all ages and abilities by delivering a more family-friendly atmosphere.
Works are planned to be undertaken during the winter months and are anticipated to be completed in late 2017, ready to use this summer.
Feedback about the project can be provided to the project team via the online contact form or email by 16 June 2017.
Impacts during construction
Safe pedestrian and cyclist access around the worksite will be maintained at all times.
Residents and businesses in close proximity to the work may experience impacts such as noise, heavy vehicle movements, dust and vibration. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we undertake these important works.
If you would like to find out more about the Wynnum Aqua Park upgrade project, you can: