Keperra Picnic Ground Park drainage upgrade - Ferny Grove
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that stage one of drainage network upgrade works in Keperra Picnic Ground Park, Ferny Grove, is now complete.
The Keperra Picnic Ground Park drainage upgrade project will upgrade the drainage network to improve surface water runoff, reduce landfill leachate generations, localised flooding, and erosion, thus increasing overall site functionality, security and safety.
The project is part of Council's Restoration for Recreation program and formed the next step in Council's progressive closed landfill management measures for the site.
|Address||Keperra Picnic Ground Park, 1200 Samford Road, Ferny Grove|
|Project outcomes||Improved onsite drainage resulting in reduced erosion, surface water infiltration, and leachate generation.|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
Stage one drainage upgrade works included:
- installing a drainage network to alleviate surface water flowing through the cricket pavilion from higher ground during high rainfall events
- providing new underground piped drainage connection points to the cricket pavilion, bridge club, and new AFL toilets and change rooms
- installing underground, piped drainage to prevent ponding around the western side of the cricket oval
- clay capping of drainage areas to reduce water infiltration and leachate generation.
The Keperra Picnic Ground Park drainage upgrade works:
- improved the drainage network
- improved surface water runoff
- connected roof water pipes underground
- reduced leachate generation
- reduced localised flooding at the cricket pavilion and perimeter of the sports field
- reduced onsite erosion
- increased overall site functionality, security, and safety.
The drainage network upgrade ensured the ongoing and safe use of the Keperra Picnic Ground Park by local sporting groups and the broader community.
If you'd like to provide comments or find out more about the Keperra Picnic Ground Park drainage upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.