Keperra Picnic Ground Park drainage and capping - upgrade project
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that stage two works to upgrade the surface water drainage network at Keperra Picnic Ground in Ferny Grove is now complete.
The Keperra Picnic Ground Park stage 2 drainage and capping upgrade has provided a major restoration to the main drain to improve parkland drainage services, reduce waste exposure and landfill leachate generation and embankment erosion.
The drainage upgrade at Keperra Picnic Ground Park is part of Council's Restoration for Recreation program and forms the next step in the progressive closed landfill management measures for the site.
|Address||Keperra Picnic Ground Park, 1200 Samford Road, Ferny Grove|
|Project outcomes||Improved parkland drainage, reduced erosion, surface water infiltration, and leachate generation and full vegetation replacement on site.|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
Stage 2 drainage upgrade works involved:
- upgrading and reinstating the drainage line
- removing erosion and waste exposure
- vegetation and tree clearing along the drain line
- installing clay capping over waste to reduce water infiltration, landfill leachate generation and erosion
- landscaping works including significant tree and vegetation replanting across the site.
Stage 1 was completed in October 2021 and included:
- installing a drainage network to divert surface water flowing through the cricket pavilion from higher ground during high rainfall events
- providing new underground piped drainage connection points to the cricket pavilion, bridge club, the new AFL toilets and change rooms
- installing underground piped drainage to prevent ponding around the western side of the cricket oval
- clay capping of drainage areas to reduce water infiltration and landfill leachate generation.
The Keperra Picnic Ground Park drainage upgrade works:
- improved parkland drainage services
- reduce landfill leachate generation
- reduce erosion and embankment collapse
- increased overall site functionality and safety.
If you'd like to find out you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.